Paragraph on Drought- Drought is when there is less or no precipitation or precipitation below average, which leads to an imbalance in the water. It leads to crop damage, depletion of groundwater, and soil moisture. There are wide cracks on the ground in the drought condition and a shortage of water, which cause several problems to humans and animals.
Dear reader, Welcome to Learnenglishgrammar.in. It is a simple and easy language learning website. You can also read more paragraphs about Articles, Events, Festivals, People, etc. In this article, you will read Paragraph on Drought in English for kids and children.
100 Words Paragraph on Drought for class 1, 2, and 3 kids
There is a condition when there is a water shortage for an extended period because of less or no rainfall or other precipitation such as snow or dew. Droughts occur due to less rainfall, but overexploitation and overuse of groundwater are also reasons.
During Drought, the earth is dried, and wide cracks open on the ground. It leads to a water shortage for humans and animals as lakes and other water sources get dry. Aquatic animals such as fishes die and vanish it leads to an imbalance in the ecosystem. Droughts can be avoided by saving water and avoiding over-exploitation of groundwater.
150 Words Paragraph on Drought for class 4 and 5 children
Drought is an unannounced natural disaster due to less or low rainfall or less precipitation, such as snow, sleet, or dew, for an extended period. Drought is natural, but some human activities such as over-extraction and over-exploitation of ground are also responsible for Drought.
Conditions for Drought vary from region to region. Due to a water shortage during Drought, there are wide cracks on the ground, which leads to several accidents. There are several excessive effects on the whole ecosystem, including plants, animals, and human beings.
All the water sources get dried, affecting aquatic animals, and other animals, birds, and plants also die. Humans have to relocate or travel a long distance to fetch water.
To avoid the condition, we should save water and avoid over-extraction of groundwater. Water recycling also plays an important role. We should save rainwater by rainwater harvesting.
200 Words Paragraph on Drought for class 6,7 and 8 students
Shortage of water in a region for an extended period can be defined as Drought. It is a natural disaster, but some human activities also play a crucial role for Drought to occur. It occurs due to less or no precipitation, such as rain, snow, or sleet, for an extended period.
Overexploitation of water is also the reason for Drought. One of the main signs of Drought is wide cracks on the ground. It may last for a week, a month, or even years.
Effects of Drought
Drought affects everything, be it plants, animals, or human beings. Its effects are severe and destructive for everyone. Effects of Drought are:
- It affects humans as humans require water for everything like cooking, washing, and bathing.
- Crops and agriculture are mostly affected as there is no water for irrigation.
- It leads to a lack of food and water for wild animals and plants.
- All the aquatic animals die
- Severe diseases in animals and humans.
To be protected from severe conditions such as Drought, we should take some steps which help us and the environment from such conditions. Practices that help us to conserve water are:
- Rainwater harvesting
- Water Recycling
- Using porous concrete or building material to allow rainwater to reach the ground
- Save water during household chores like washing, bathing, and cooking.
- Grow more plants that require less water.
- Wells, lakes can be used to store rainwater.
250 to 300 Words Paragraph on Drought for class 9,10,11,12 and Competitive Exams
Drought is a condition in a region when there is an extreme shortage of water that occurs due to less or no precipitation, such as rain, dew, snow, or sleet. It is an unannounced natural disaster but some of the human activities like overexploitation and misuse of groundwater.
Drought leads to wide cracks on the ground. Drought may start even within a week, and it may end within a week, a month, or even years.
Categorization of Droughts
Based on its effects, droughts are categorized into four different categories, namely:
- Meteorological Drought: It occurs when dry weather patterns dominate an area for a prolonged period.
- Hydrological Drought: When a low water supply becomes evident in streams, reservoirs, and groundwater levels, it usually occurs after many months of meteorological droughts.
- Agricultural Drought: It happens when agricultural fields and crops are affected.
- Socioeconomic Drought: It is related to the supply and demands of various commodities during droughts.
Droughts may occur in any part of the world, but their intensity varies from one region to another. Some parts of the world are affected by droughts most of the time. The world’s most affected regions are Ethiopia, Sudan, Eritrea, Afghanistan, China, Pakistan, Iran, Somalia, Uganda, and Morocco.
In India, several regions are affected by Drought almost every one or two years; these include Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, and Rajasthan.
Effects of Droughts
Drought leads to severe problems and effects on the whole ecosystem, and it affects the ecological balance. After the effect of droughts is very severe and painful. The effects of droughts are:
- It affects agriculture and crops leading to hunger
- Wild and aquatic animals die because of the unavailability of water and food.
- Extinction of endangered species
- Migration and relocation by animals and humans to water-fed areas.
- Several diseases due to lack of clean water and public sanitation
- It sometimes leads to wildfires
- Electricity generation is affected.
How to Prevents from Drought?
All the natural disasters happen when it has to, but we as humans can avoid such conditions by doing our part. Droughts can also be prevented if we join hands and take small steps, including:
- Rainwater harvesting
- Avoiding overuse of water during bathing, washing, and cleaning
- Keep a check on dripping and leaking water pipes of the house.
- Use porous concrete and building material to make water reach the ground.
- Use sprinklers for irrigation
- Water recycling
- Grow plants that require less water and water them in the evening to avoid unnecessary evaporation.
FAQ’s Related to Drought
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions regarding to this Drought Paragraph.
- What is Drought?
Drought is a condition in a region when there is an extreme shortage of water that occurs due to less or no precipitation, such as rain, dew, snow, or sleet.
- What are human causes for Drought?
Humans are extracting more groundwater, leading to overexploitation of groundwater, and overuse of the water in bathing, cleaning and washing are the human causes for Drought.
- What are the signs of Drought?
Drought occurs due to a shortage of water, leading to wide open cracks on the affected area's ground.
- What are the effects of Drought?
Drought affects the whole ecosystem and leads to ecological imbalance. It affects plants, animals, and human beings. It leads to several diseases in humans and animals and also migration and relocation by people and animals.
- How can we prevent droughts?
Droughts can be prevented by avoiding overexploitation and misuse of water. Rainwater harvesting and water recycling also lead to the prevention of Drought.
|Paragraph on Republic Day|
|Paragraph on Christmas|
|Paragraph on Women Empowerment|
|Paragraph on Solar Energy|
So friends, hope you have understood everything. If you have any problem then you can ask me by commenting below so that I can solve your problems. Just now you have read Paragraph on Drought in English for Students. These Drought Paragraphs are short to Long If you want to read about any other topic. You can tell me by commenting on the comment box or going to the Contact us page.