Paragraph on Solar Energy- As the name suggests, Solar energy is the energy obtained from the Sun and can be captured for other uses by humans. The heat given by Sun can be converted into electricity and can be stored and used in future. It is a renewable source of energy from the Sun, which will last till the Sun is present in the solar system.
Dear reader, Welcome to Learnenglishgrammar.in. It is a simple and easy language learning website. You can also read more paragraphs about Articles, Events, Festivals, People, etc. In this article, you will read Paragraph on Solar Energy in English for kids and children.
100 Words Paragraph on Solar Energy for class 1, 2, and 3 kids
Solar energy is heat and light which come from Sun. It controls the weather and climate on earth. It is a renewable source of energy. It is available for free of cost on earth. Solar energy is a non-conventional source, and it does not pollute or affect anything or the earth.
Plants use solar energy on earth to prepare food, known as Photosynthesis. Solar energy can be used for cooking food, heating water and also producing electricity. Along with advantages, a few disadvantages can be used only during the day and setting solar plants is quite costly.
150 Words Paragraph on Solar Energy for class 4 and 5 children
Solar energy is heat and light obtained from Sun, and it is a renewable source of energy that influences weather and climate on earth. It is an environment-friendly source of energy that does not spread pollution.
Every living being on earth use solar energy in one or form, be it plants, animals or human beings. Human beings and animals use energy for heat, and plants use solar energy for preparing food, and the process is known as Photosynthesis.
Solar energy can be converted into other forms such as electricity or heat energy which is further used in cooking, heating etc. Solar energy can be used converted to electricity by solar panels. There are several other uses of solar energy.
But along with the advantages, there are some disadvantages also. Such as Sun’s heat is present only during the day, so at night there is no abundance of solar energy. Setting a solar panel cost high, and also a lot of space is required for it.
200 Words Paragraph on Solar Energy for class 6,7 and 8 students
The energy produced from Sun is considered solar energy. It is a Non-Conventional source of energy that is environmentally friendly. This renewable energy source is a substitute for non-renewable sources such as Coal, Petroleum and natural gas. It is available free of cost on earth.
Every living being uses the energy from Sun, be it human beings, animals or plants, for the production of food or as heat. Plants use it in the processing of food with the help of a process called Photosynthesis.
The heat and energy from Sun can be converted into various forms such as thermal energy or electricity. Some appliances work on solar energy, such as solar cookers, solar heaters, and solar cells.
These appliances are eco-friendly and expensive. A lot of calculators, wrist watches and other types of equipment work on solar energy. Solar panels are used to produce electricity, and they can be stored in rechargeable solar batteries.
Advantages of Solar Energy
- It is available free of cost to the earth and is a renewable source of energy.
- Using solar energy reduces the electricity bill and make us less dependent on non-renewable sources of energy.
- It is an environmentally friendly source of energy.
- It helps in living a sustainable life and helps to make a green future.
Disadvantages of Solar Energy
- It can be accessed during the daytime only as Sun is not present at night.
- Setting a solar plant is costly, and also it requires a lot of space to settle it.
- Once the solar panel is damaged, one has to reinstall it, and batteries must also be reinstalled; it may pollute the environment chemically.
250 to 300 Words Paragraph on Solar Energy for class 9,10,11,12 and Competitive Exams
The heat and light which we receive from Sun are what is constituted in solar energy. We all know that Sun is the ultimate source of light and energy on earth, and it also supports various life forms on earth, be it life on earth or aquatic life.
Solar energy is a renewable energy source as we have the privilege to use this energy as long as we have Sun on earth. It provides energy to every life form is it plants, animals or human beings.
Plants use solar energy in preparing food with the process called Photosynthesis, a process in which plants, along with carbon dioxide, water etc., prepare food using solar energy. Human beings use solar energy for vitamin D. These are some of the natural ways of using solar energy.
In this growing technical world, we have different possibilities of using solar energy in different forms, such as thermal or electrical energy. Solar energy is trapped in solar cells, and these cells are further used to replace electric appliances and other purposes.
Some of the appliances which work on solar energy are solar cookers, solar cells, solar heaters etc. These appliances are expensive and eco-friendly. Even solar watches, calculators, wrist watches etc., are also available in markets that work on solar batteries.
One of the best things is a solar power plant or solar panels. The solar panel can be installed on the rooftops and even on the road lights, which charges during day time and provides electricity at night.
Advantages of Solar Energy
There are several advantages of using solar energy. Listed below are few advantages of solar energy:
- Solar energy is available free of cost to earth as long as Sun is present.
- It can be used in remote and rural areas, where electricity is not present yet, and installing the electric power grid is costly.
- It is an environment-friendly source of energy that produces no pollution and helps in reducing global warming.
- It makes us less dependent on non-renewable sources of energy such as coal, petroleum and natural gas.
Disadvantages of Solar Energy
- Available abundantly during the day as there is no sunshine at night.
- There is a high of installing solar panels and solar cells.
- It requires many areas to install the solar power plant as it needs a large surface to seize the light coming from Sun.
- Once the solar batteries or solar panel is damaged, it cannot be repaired; it needs to be replaced.
- The amount of energy produced in the solar energy grid is ales as compared to power grids.
Using solar energy proves to be a boon for a lot of people. However, there are several pros and cons of using solar energy, but still being a renewable and non-conventional source, it is very effective to use.
More and more people should be motivated to use solar energy to its best.
FAQ’s Related to Solar Energy
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions regarding to this Solar Energy Paragraph.
- What is the primary source of solar energy?
Sun is considered the primary source of solar energy.
- How solar energy helps the environment?
Solar energy is one of the renewable and non-conventional sources that do not produce any pollution and hence reduce dependence on conventional sources of energy such as fossil fuel which produce pollution.
- Name different appliances which work on solar energy.
Appliances that work on solar energy are solar cookers, solar heaters, solar cells, and even some wristwatches and Calculators.
- Name the process which plants use for the preparation of food.
The process by which plants prepare their food is called Photosynthesis, a process by which green plants, along with carbon dioxide and water, synthesize their food.
- How solar panels help in rural areas?
In rural areas where electrical connections are not available yet, and installing an electric power grid cost a lot, these solar panels can also help provide electricity at night.
|Paragraph on Drought|
|Paragraph on Helping Others|
|Paragraph on Tornado|
|Paragraph on Solar Energy|
So friends, hope you have understood everything. If you have any problem then you can ask me by commenting below so that I can solve your problems. Just now you have read Paragraph on Solar Energy in English for Students. These Solar Energy Paragraphs are short to Long If you want to read about any other topic. You can tell me by commenting on the comment box or going to the Contact us page.